Monday, January 21, 2013

I've been waiting...

...and waiting for this day! When I first found out about this camera I knew it was something that I needed to own.  I have been saving all this time, knowing in the back of my head that owning this bad boy could potentially take my business to the next level.  Ladies and gentlemen, the Canon 5d Mark iii is now mine!!

The box...I already had the camera out though :-)

I ordered it last Saturday and it came in the mail Wednesday night, which just so happened to be the night we were in the ER.  George joked that my camera was probably sitting out in the cold and when we got home it was!  (I told him he was lucky I didn't go home to get it first to take photos of him there as blackmail!)  I didn't have much time to try it out that night but had to open it!  I finally had a chance to use it this weekend on an e-session and take some photos for a friend.  It. is. AMAZING!

Yessssssss!!!

It has been two years since I bought a new camera and the timing was perfect.  I have a little vacation coming up so I can practice and not long after a wedding I can't wait for!  I love the fact that I will now have the Mark iii  as my primary and the 7d as my backup.  It's reassuring to know that if anything were to happen to the 5d (got forbid), that I would have my 7d to turn to.

The beast <3

All of this goes without saying that I could have NEVER bought this camera without all of you believing in me and what I do.  To all of you who have booked me and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I am so grateful  to be able to do something that I love and build this business.  Also, a huge thanks to those closest to me for always putting up with the photography talk.  I know you may not understand it all but just listening means more than you know.

I hope your Monday hasn't been too bad.  I ate some ice cream to make mine better. :-) And with that be on the look out for this weekend's e-session and a few photos of my super talented bro-in-law!


No comments:

Post a Comment